International cooperation (ENQA, EU projects, Diploma Supplement)
NOKUT’s work with quality assurance and recognition of education is based on international standards. In addition, we participate in international cooperation projects.
The Standards and guidelines for quality assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG) provide the framework for internal and external quality assurance. They were adopted at the EHEA Ministerial Conference in 2015. Implementing quality assurance in line with the ESG is one of the key commitments of the Bologna Process. As such, the ESG provide the basis for enhancing trust, mobility and recognition between higher education systems.
At least once every five years, NOKUT should undergo an external review in order to demonstrate its compliance with the ESG. This is a prerequisite for NOKUT’s membership in The European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) and NOKUT’s registration in The European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR).
NOKUT was evaluated in 2023.
Networks and organisations
The international cooperation in this area is concentrated on key Nordic and European networks and organisations. There are also some multilateral and bilateral collaboration with other national quality assurance bodies.
We are member of the following Nordic and European networks and organisations:
- European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA)
- European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR)
- Nordic Quality Assurance Network in Higher Education (NOQA)
- The International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies Higher Education (INQAAHE)
- The European Association for Institutional Research (EAIR)
- ARENA – Refugees and Recognition (Toolkit 3) – An Erasmus+ Project
- LIREQA: Linking Academic Recognition and Quality Assurance – An Erasmus+ Project
- LOBSTER – Learning Outcomes: Best practice Schemes, Transparency, Experience and Research
- ORION – An Erasmus+ Project
- REACT – Refugees and Recognition – An Erasmus+ Project
- Refugees and Recognition – An Erasmus+ Project
- SCAN-d2 – An Erasmus+ Project
- VINCE: Validation for Inclusion of New Citizens of Europe – An Erasmus+ Project