Refugees and Recognition – An Erasmus+ Project
- a university staff member working in international admissions?
- in charge of recognition of foreign qualifications?
- a credential evaluator?
- an immigration officer or integration adviser for newly arrived refugees and migrants?
- looking for ways to recognize qualifications when the documentation is missing?
This project page will help you when dealing with refugees’ qualifications.
On behalf of the project’s consortium, NOKUT is proud to present the finalised Toolkit for Recognition of Refugees’ Qualifications. In addition to the digital version of the toolkit, a physical copy can be requested by contacting NOKUT.
About the Project
The aim of the project is to develop policy and promote the implementation of effective recognition procedures for refugees, displaced persons and persons in a refugee-like situation – including those who do not have official documentation of their educational background. The overall goal is to enhance mobility, employability and access to further studies for refugees by promoting transnational cooperation and mutual learning.
Main Project activities
- Developing refugee country briefings on the educational systems of the five most important refugee countries – Afghanistan, Eritrea, Iraq, Libya and Syria
- Establishing common guidelines for recognition procedures for refugees, displaced persons and persons in a refugee-like situation, including persons who do not have official documentation of their educational qualifications
- Establishing procedures, including the development of essential document templates and tools
- Establishing a common format for statements to be used in this type of recognition
- Testing the toolkit of common procedures and guidelines developed in the project in all six participating countries
- Developing e-Learning modules for ENIC-NARIC and higher education staff
- Kick-off seminar in Oslo, June 2016 – Toolkit for Recognition for Refugees
- Consortium meeting in Rome, October 2016 – Minutes from the meeting
- Consortium meeting in Cheltenham, March 2017 – Minutes from the meeting
- Refugee country briefings
- Guidelines for the evaluation of refugees’ qualifications
- Toolkits for evaluation of refugees qualifications (Passport and Background paper), including final statements
- Testing of the developed toolkits in Italy, France, the Netherlands, UK, Armenia and Germany.
- E-Learning modules/webinars
- Country briefings for: Afghanistan (pdf), Eritrea (pdf), Iraq (pdf), Libya (pdf), Syria (pdf)
- Toolkit for recognition of refugees qualification
Webinar 1 – 29. January 2018 (pptx)
Webinar 2 – 2. February 2018 (pptx)
Webinar 3 – 7. February 2018 (pptx)