Recognition of foreign tertiary vocational education
From 05.06.2018, you will no longer be able to apply for an assessment of your foreign tertiary vocational education.
New general recognition of foreign tertiary vocational education
You will be able to apply for general recognition of foreign tertiary vocational education in 2019. The recognition procedure is voluntary, and intended to assist you on the Norwegian job market by providing information about your qualification. The recognition will be a decision in accordance with section 7 in the new law of higher tertiary vocational education. Once the provision has entered into force, NOKUT will receive applications on general recognition of tertiary vocational education.
Have you already applied for an assessment of your foreign tertiary vocational education?
Applicants who have applied for an assessment of foreign tertiary vocational education will receive a decision letter and not an assessment, in 2019. You do not need to send a new application for a general recognition of foreign tertiary vocational education. Until section 7 of the new law of higher tertiary vocational education enters into force, NOKUT will further develop our systems and routines pending the new approval scheme.
More information will be published here.
About the assessment
The procedure assesses whether your education is comparable to Norwegian tertiary vocational education (fagskoleutdanning). In the event of a successful assessment of your education, an advisory statement of comparability will be issued in your name. The advisory statement contains information on level, scope and vocational sector. NOKUTs assessment of foreign tertiary vocational education is voluntary, and intended to assist you in the Norwegian job market by providing information about your education.
On this page, you will find information about the documentation you must upload together with your application. It is important that you upload all the required documents. Failing to do so will cause prolonged processing time.
- NOKUT requires documents in the original language and translations of these documents (read more about translations). You must upload all pages of the document.
- You may upload other relevant documents not mentioned in NOKUTs requirements together with a short description and explanation why.
- The submission of fraudulent documentation and/or false statements will be reported to the police.
How to apply
- To complete your application in NOKUT’s applicant portal and upload all required documentation.
- Double check that you upload all required documentation.
- You are responsible for providing the required documentation, and for making sure that the uploaded documents are clear and legible. NOKUT recommends that you upload scans of the original documents. See guidelines for uploading documents.
- NOKUT does not return original translations or (apostilled) copies.
What happens now?
Processing time starts once we have received the required documentation. The regular processing time is 2-4 months. The assessment procedure is a newly established procedure, and some cases may require more than four months. If that is the case for your application, you will be notified by email.
NOKUT uses digital mailbox. This means that if you are to receive important letters from us digitally, you'll need to create your own digital mailbox.