Turbo evaluation for employers
Do you want to hire a person with foreign educational documents? NOKUT offers a fast track or “turbo evaluation” that can help you understand the documents.
The evaluation is carried out within five working days and is free of charge.
All requests for turbo evaluation must be submitted via our turbo portal. The login uses the ID port.
Remember that all personal information in all educational documents and translations must be anonymized before you upload them in the portal. NOKUT will refuse to process requests we receive where the personal information is not anonymized.
Follow our application guide:
A turbo evaluation is appropriate when you have gone through the applications and selected potential candidates for the position. We make the evaluation after the employer has determined which applicants should be considered for the position.
We prepare a short evaluation that includes:
- Whether the education is accredited in the country in question.
- Whether the foreign education is equivalent to a Norwegian degree in the Norwegian education system.
- The discipline in which education has been taken.
We only consider completed higher education (education at the university and university college level).
NOKUT stresses that this evaluation is not a legally binding decision, but an opinion intended to assist employers.
- This service is only for companies that are in a hiring process. Companies offering recruitment and staffing services are not eligible for this service.
- We do not include work experience, unfinished education or short courses in our assessment.
- For turbo evaluations, NOKUT does not contact the educational institution to check the authenticity of the documentation. However, NOKUT will inform you if there are any discrepancies and/or reasons to suspect that the documents are not genuine. It is the employer’s responsibility to assess whether the applicant has the appropriate professional qualifications for the job.
- Turbo evaluations are only for use in relation to a specific position. The applicant is always entitled to apply for an individual general recognition of their education, NOKUT’s recognition of foreign higher education.
- All countries will be considered, apart from Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Yemen, Liberia, Libya, Sierra Leone and Somalia. We have a recognition service for those who cannot get their education recognised due to lack of, incomplete or unverifiable documentation. See the recognition procedure for persons without verifiable documentation (UVD procedure).
- The service does not include recognition of regulated professions, which are subject to authorisation from the competent authority. See the list of regulated professions.
All requests for turbo evaluation must be submitted via our turbo portal. The login uses ID-porten.
NB! When a new business wants to create a profile in the portal, the registered CEO must log in first.
- Log into the portal
- Go to forms and select "turbo evaluation"
- Fill out the form and upload relevant educational documents: diploma (diploma) and transcript, grade sheet (diploma supplement) for the entire educational course, for all the grades to be considered. Remember that all personal information in all educational documents and translations must be anonymized before you upload them in the portal.
- Upload translated copies of the educational documents. Remember that all personal information in all educational documents and translations must be anonymized before you upload them in the portal.
- Submit the request. You need to fill out one form for each applicant you want us to evaluate.
We confirm that we have received your email and state our expected response time.
We normally reply to emails within five working days. If we need to obtain additional information, it can take longer. We will inform you if this is the case.