Turbo evaluation for employers
Do you want to hire a person with foreign educational documents? NOKUT offers a fast track or “turbo evaluation” that can help you understand the documents.
The evaluation is carried out within five working days and is free of charge.
A turbo evaluation is appropriate when you have gone through the applications and selected potential candidates for the position. We make the evaluation after the employer has determined which applicants should be considered for the position.
We prepare a short evaluation that includes:
- Whether the education is accredited in the country in question.
- Whether the foreign education is equivalent to a Norwegian degree in the Norwegian education system.
- The discipline in which education has been taken.
We only consider completed higher education (education at the university and university college level).
NOKUT stresses that this evaluation is not a legally binding decision, but an opinion intended to assist employers.
- This service is only for companies that are in a hiring process. Companies offering recruitment and staffing services are not eligible for this service.
- We do not include work experience, unfinished education or short courses in our assessment.
- For turbo evaluations, NOKUT does not contact the educational institution to check the authenticity of the documentation. However, NOKUT will inform you if there are any discrepancies and/or reasons to suspect that the documents are not genuine. It is the employer’s responsibility to assess whether the applicant has the appropriate professional qualifications for the job.
- Turbo evaluations are only for use in relation to a specific position. The applicant is always entitled to apply for an individual general recognition of their education, NOKUT’s recognition of foreign higher education.
- All countries will be considered, apart from Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Yemen, Liberia, Libya, Sierra Leone and Somalia. We have a recognition service for those who cannot get their education recognised due to lack of, incomplete or unverifiable documentation. See the recognition procedure for persons without verifiable documentation (UVD procedure).
- The service does not include recognition of regulated professions, which are subject to authorisation from the competent authority. See the list of regulated professions.
- Use this link to create an email with the subject "Turbo evaluation"
Email: Turbo evaluation (opens in your email reader)
Note! If the link doesn't open in your email reader, please follow the instructions and send an email to email@example.com.
- The following information must be filled in in the email:
- The applicant’s name and date of birth
- Name of the education as written on the diploma
- Educational institution (name, city and country)
- Final year of the study programme
- Any additional questions about training or educational documents
- Contact person at your company (name, e-mail and phone number)
- Attach the educational document(s) and transcript(s) (transcript, grade sheet, diploma supplement) for the entire course of studies, e.g. for both bachelor and master’s programmes.
- Attach translated copies of the educational documents and the applicant’s CV, unless they are in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English, German, Spanish or French. Documents in Russian, Bulgarian, Czech, Arabic, Turkish, Polish, Chinese and Japanese can normally also be submitted without translation.
- Attach the applicant’s written authorisation for us to evaluate the educational documents. Make sure that the applicant has filled out the form completely and accurately. Use one of these forms:
– Authorisation statement in English (doc)
– Authorisation statement in Norwegian (doc)
- Also include any other questions you may have about the education or educational institution in the email.
- Send the email.
You must send one email for each applicant you want us to evaluate.
We confirm that we have received your email and state our expected response time.
We normally reply to emails within five working days. If we need to obtain additional information, it can take longer. We will inform you if this is the case.