The Centres for Excellence in Education Initiative (SFU)
The Centres for Excellence in Education Initiative ('SFU-ordningen' in Norwegian) is a prestigious national initiative for higher education that was established in 2010.
SFU status is awarded to academic communities that have already demonstrated excellent quality and innovative practices in education and that have plans in place for further development and innovation. One of the important requirements the centres have to meet is that they must disseminate their results and knowledge.
There are currently eight Centres for Excellence in Education:
- bioCEED – Centre for Excellence in Biology Education
- CCSE – Center for Computing in Science Education
- CEFIMA – Centre of Excellence in Film and Interactive Media Arts
- CEMPE – Centre of Excellence in Music Performance Education
- Engage – Centre for Engaged Education through Entrepreneurship
- ExcITEd – Centre for Excellent IT Education
- MatRIC – Centre for Research, Innovation and Coordination of Mathematics Teaching
- ProTed – Centre for Professional Learning in Teacher Education