The Lisbon Recognition Convention at 25: Past, Present and Future
NORRIC is pleased to invite anyone interested in recognition of higher education qualifications to a webinar in honour of the 25th anniversary of the Lisbon Recognition Convention (LRC). Key Nordic stakeholders will celebrate the legacy of the LRC by considering it in a historical perspective, examine how it is used today and look ahead to the LRC of the future.
The Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education in the European Region, also known as the Lisbon Recognition Convention, celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2022. It was drafted by the Council of Europe in co-operation with UNESCO. The LRC is the main legal instrument on the recognition of qualifications in Europe and aspires to promote fair recognition of academic qualifications. It has, to date, been ratified by more than 50 states.
- 13:00 Welcome and housekeeping rules. Helén Sophie Haugen, NOKUT (Norway)
- 13:05 Opening remarks. Dag Hovdhaugen, NOKUT (Norway)
- 13:10 Looking back: the historical perspective on the LRC. Carita Blomqvist, The Finnish National Agency for Education (Finland)
- 13.25 The LRC of today. Allan Bruun Pedersen, The Danish Agency for Higher Education and Science (Denmark)
- 13:40 Looking ahead: The LRC of the future. Cecilia George, The Swedish Council for Higher Education (Sweden)
- 13:55 Q&A
- Carita Blomqvist
- Cecilia George
- Helén Sophie Haugen
- Dag Hovdhaugen
- Allan Bruun Pedersen
Nordic national recognition information centres (NORRIC) is a network established by the five Nordic ENIC/NARIC offices in 2003. The Nordic offices cooperate actively in order to improve quality and efficiency in recognition work on the basis of the Lisbon Recognition Convention. Find out more at norric.org.
Time and date: Wednesday May 25th, 13:00–14:15 CET
Platform: Zoom webinar – Click here to register