Implementing the Global Convention
Higher education is more international than ever. Although technology is making teaching increasingly borderless, better policies are needed to facilitate mutual recognition of higher education qualifications globally. To support the implementation of the Global Recognition Convention adopted by UNESCO in 2019, NOKUT invites to a webinar in English to share experiences between countries and regions.
The webinar will introduce UNESCO’s “Practical Guide”, and draw attention to the relationship between the Global Convention and regional recognition conventions: how do they work together, what are the differences, and how can the regionals reinforce the Global Convention – and vice versa?
The webinar starts at 9.30 am (UTC+2).
09.30 Opening and practicalities
- Helén Sophie Haugen, Head of Information Section, NOKUT (moderator).
- Kristin Vinje, Chief Executive Officer, NOKUT.
09:45 Introduction to the Global Convention and the Practical Guide to Recognition
- Peter Wells, Chief of Higher Education, UNESCO.
10:00 Implementing the Global Convention in the Tokyo Recognition Convention area
- Jane Azurin, Head of Australian National Information Centre.
10:15 Implementing the Global Convention in the Lisbon Recognition Convention area
- Gunnar Vaht, Head of Estonian Academic Recognition Information Centre.
10.30 Joining the Global Convention – NOKUT’s experience one year after
- Dag Hovdhaugen, Director of Foreign Education, NOKUT.
You will receive a Zoom link by e-mail two days in advance of the webinar. For questions, please contact email@example.com
Share with others