Application services – foreign education

The type of recognition you should apply for is determined by your educational background and what you intend to use the recognition for. This will also determine where you should submit your application for recognition. In Norway, there are separate recognition schemes for foreign higher education (from universities and colleges) and for secondary and vocational education. In addition, some professions are regulated by law, and require recognition of your professional qualifications (authorisation).

NOKUT’s recognition schemes:

Recognition of foreign higher education (Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.)

Recognition of foreign tertiary vocational education

Recognition of foreign vocational education and training

Recognition of teacher qualifications – school and kindergarten