Call for Applications 2016
In 2016, we issued a call for three to six new centres. NOK 4-8 million was available in annual funding over a five-year period, with the possibility of extension for another five years. How much each centre will receive and the total number of new centres depended on the quality of the applications received and the level of ambition and activity envisaged.
When the deadline expired on 13 May, we had received 22 applications for SFU status from 12 universities and university colleges. Of these the expert panel selected nine finalists.
The Expert Panel
An international expert panel assessed the applications. The panel consisted of the following members:
- Professor Stephanie Marshall, Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom (Chair)
- Student Christine Alveberg, NSO, University of Agder (UiA)
- Professor Peter Dieter, Gustav Carus Medical School, Dresden University of Technology, Germany
- Professor and Head of Development, Astrid Elbek, The Royal Academy of Music, Denmark
- Professor and Pro-Vice Chancellor Duncan Lawson, Newman University, United Kingdom
- Professor and Pro-Vice Chancellor Philippa Levy, University of Adelaide, Australia
Subject experts supported the panel during site visits.
Applications and Feedback
Awarding Centre Status
Of the 22 applications, the expert panel selected nine applications as finalists. The finalists were invited to send in supplementary documentation and the expert panel conducted site visits. The expert panel made its recommendation to the NOKUT board in October and the Board awarded centre status to four new centres: