Key networks and organisations – quality assurance
By participating actively with papers and presentations at international conferences, cooperative projects and networks, NOKUT is able to spread information about Norwegian higher education and the Norwegian system of assuring and developing the quality of higher education. In return, NOKUT learns about, and receives ideas from, the international milieu and keeps abreast of international developments through discussions about theory, methodology and practice in the field of quality assurance. Key networks, organisations and fora include:
- ENQA – European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education: The main organisation for collaboration between European quality assurance agencies.
- ECA – European Consortium for Accreditation in Higher Education: Initially a collaborative project between 13 quality assurance agencies from eight European countries. After an initial project period lasting from 2003 to 2007, the collaboration has been extended until 2010, with a slight change of participants. The aim is to achieve mutual recognition of the member organisations' accreditation decisions.
- NOQA – Nordic Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education: A network which holds a regular annual meeting and has one annual joint project. The network organises seminars, and operates an exchange arrangement for employees of the member organisations.
- INQAAHE – International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education: A worldwide network with approx. 200 member organisations, most of which are quality assurance agencies. Holds a big conference each year.
- EQAF – European Quality Assurance Forum: An annual conference organised by the "E4 group" - ENQA, the European Universities Association (EUA), the European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE) and the European Student Union.
- EAIR – European Higher Education Society: An organisation that aims to promote research and knowledge about higher education and higher education institutions. Holds a big conference each year.
Key networks and organisations – recognition of foreign higher education qualifications
Within the field of recognition of foreign higher education qualifications NOKUT has well-established international partnerships, with a particular focus on Nordic and European networks and organisations, where NOKUT representatives take part with talks and presentations and participate in relevant discussions and projects.
- The European networks ENIC/NARIC are key collaboration fora for European (national) agencies responsible for recognising foreign higher study programmes in their own countries and for providing information about the Lisbon Convention. The networks hold regular annual meetings and also collaborate on specific issues.
- NORRIC – Nordic Recognition Information Centres. These centres were established in 2003 as a result of increasing collaboration between the Nordic recognition bodies. Their purpose is to implement the Reykjavik declaration relating to mutual recognition of higher education study programmes in the Nordic countries, and to share responsibility for recognition activities appropriately.